Sure, it’s still warm outside but soon those long summer days will turn cooler. Getting ready for the winter can be a difficult task if you fail to understand the importance of keeping your yard up during the cooler months.
If you’re working with a landscaping company, getting your yard ready for winter is not something you personally have to concern yourself with. We always make sure our landscaping clients are prepared for an upcoming season.
However, even if you do your own landscaping we want to help you out to and give you great tips to get ready for the changes that come with new seasons.
Landscaping Birmingham AL – Healthy Landscaping Practices
When you think of the fall, you’re probably thinking of raking leaves. However, there’s much more work to it than that!
During the first days of fall when the leaves start to change colors and there is a chill in the air, doing certain yard maintenance tasks will keep your yard looking great during the winter and it will be ready when for the spring comes.
Here is a list of things each homeowner should be doing for their landscaping as the summer ends:
- Aerate your lawn to allow water and nutrients to flow inside.
- Fertilize your lawn to keep it healthy so it can sustain the elements.
- Clean up any perennial beds.
- Mulching and tilling in your garden and bed areas.
- Removal of any dead limbs.
- Trim trees and shrubs.
- Plant new trees. Did you know that this is the perfect time to plant trees?
Contact The Nelson Team at (205) 702-4426 or click here to email us for all of your outdoor living needs.